- 3 WRE races in 3 days – sprint, middle and long
- Test yourself against the world’s best orienteers
- Norwegian selection races for the European Chamionships
- Classes for all ages and levels
1920 entries made for the three races (443 at sprint, 753 at middle distance and 724 for the long distance). It’s still possible to make a late entry until 18 March 2014 for an extra charge of DKK 50 per start.
Two new training opportunities in Store Dyrehave are added – a middle distance cource and a long distance (up to 14 km!) with corridor.
There are many opportunities for training in the days before Danish Spring. It also offers a regional night orienteering competition on Wednesday 19th just west of the Danish Spring terrain. Read all about training possibilities and recommended accomodation in the menu on the left sidebar.
The invitation/bulletin is now updated with information about the sprint race in Helsingør Friday.
The sprint area, Konventum, was used for Danish Championships in sprint 2012.
Danish Spring is now presenting 3 high level orienteering competitions in 3 days: Sprint Friday, Middle distance Saturday and Long distance Sunday.
Follow the Danish and Norwegian elite runners and take part in Danish Spring 2014 in some of the best Danish orienteering terrains.
The Invitation / Bulletin 1 for Danish Spring 2014 is ready – see it here.
Check out the new concept for 2014:
- Sprint Friday
- Two intensive races in the atractive ‘Tisvilde Hegn’ terrain Saturday and Sunday
- Test yourself against the world’s best orienteers. The Norwegian and Danish national team have already announced their arrival
- DANISH SPRING include 3 WRE races and classes for all ages and levels
- Exciting assembly area in Tisvilde Hegn close to parking
- Attractive prize money for the winners of Women and Men Elite
- Reduced entry fees in all classes
- Snow-free or snowless terrain
- Many training opportunities before the weekend
See you at Danish Spring 2014!
In March 2014 Tisvilde Hegn will set the scene for the new race format offering two individual races and a training camp at your choice.
Preliminary program 2014:
- Wed – Fri 19-21 March: Training camp for individuals, clubs and schools.
- Fri 21 March: Camp race at 19h (informal mass start race)
- Sat 22 March: Individual Middle distance
- Sun 23 March: Individual Long distance WRE
Both Saturday and Sunday will provide high quality races in a complete setup of competition classes. Please see the Find us-page for the embargoed area for the WRE classes and more.
Follow us on facebook and see the Invitation/Bulletin 1 here on the webpage in November 2013 the latest.
See you there!
The intense 24 hours are now history and your focus is already at the next events – probably including the great relays 10Mila, Jukola and maybe the new NightHawk in Norway. Congratulations to OK Pan Århus and Lillomarka OL for their overall victories in the Relay. And to Anastasia Tikhonova, MS Parma and Nicholas Oskarssson, Lillomarka OL for the WRE victories. Congratulations too to all other prize winners of nice DS singlets or T-shirts in the Chase, compression socks and lots of nice extra stuff from SSport. SSport is a professional provider of running brands and event equipment (fences, portals, banners, signs etc.) and organise running events too.
The overall Relay results are here and you find it all on the Results page. Communication of online and final results, the map turnover-solution and also waiting for the Relay prize ceremony was not optimal. But live GPS tracking and facebook worked out well. And most important the course setters had done a great job! Reenjoy at TracTrac REPLAY and e.g. at 3DRerun. Also nice stuff on the facebook feeds (for non-facebookers too), photo gallery and more. The list of Lost property will follow.
Thanks to everybody for your enthusiasm – making the event much larger than the number of entries! We enjoyed having you here!
Gunner Sie, event director DANISH SPRING 2013